Friday, July 10, 2009

Relive it with me.





So would you mind joining me in ignoring the fact that I have been ignoring my blog?  I haven't even visited my friends blogs from the guilt that would follow from my neglecting my very own. oh so sad, or is pitiful a better description?
 
Well, for those of you still hanging in there despite the lapse in posting, here are some pictures from our trip to the beach.  It was last month some time.  i don't care to look at my calender to find out exactly when since that would require me calculating how long it's been since blogging. 

The beach was divine.  Maybe that's why I haven't blogged?  It was too hard re-entering reality after I got back from our trip.  Yes, that's it.  It was just too much for me.
 
The trip though was prefect timing in our summer schedule with jarrod being gone so much.  It was a great time of sunning, swimming and..  i'm trying to find another S word here, but it's not coming.  Jarrod's mom came too, which made it extra special.
  
We found a little bay where there were no waves and you could walk out forever and still only be knee deep in water.   The boys LOVED it.  It was so great seeing them enjoy the beach.  We went to the same beach last year, but the boys were a little too young to play as they did this time.  

I was surprised though that Josiah actaully remebered the conference center that Jarrod's camp/event was at.  He seems to have a keen memory for those things.

We just had a few mental connections that needed rewiring for Titus.  
First was helping him remember that despite his last several encounters with the water (swim lessons), it was not neccessary to cry as soon as he saw water, and that pre touture lessons he really did enjoy playing in the water.
And second, that sand, although having the appearance of snow, was in fact not snow at all.   
 It took the 1st couple of days, but both eventually down loaded onto the hard drive so to speak.

Enjoy the beach!
                                          



3 comments:

  1. Wow, what great pictures Christie. Glad the boys were old enough to enjoy it this time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first picture is so cute! I'm glad Titus got over his fear of the water and had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great pictures!! I'm so glad that you guys got to spend that week with Jarrod!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive